Welcome to the documentation portal for NodeBB.
NodeBB is a next-generation discussion platform that utilizes web sockets for instant interactions and real-time notifications. NodeBB forums have many modern features out of the box such as social network integration and streaming discussions, as well as a full REST API and plugin framework for full third-party extensibility.
NodeBB is an open source project which can be forked on GitHub. If there are any discrepancies in the documentation please feel free to submit a pull request or raise an issue on our issue tracker.
Contributing to the documentation
The source code for the documentation portal is found in the GitHub repository. If you wish to add pages or make changes, please feel free to submit a pull request! All changes are welcome :)
Helping out the NodeBB Project
NodeBB is an open source project, and will forever remain free. Here's a number of ways you can help us, even if you aren't a programmer.
- Join our community and give us a hard time about bugs and missing features
- Like and share our content on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter and perhaps tweet #NodeBB is the most awesome forum software @NodeBB
- Tell everybody about NodeBB, including your grandma and her cats.
- Submit a pull request, or two, or three..
- Build a new theme
- Write a plugin
- Keep the link back to us on the footer of your own NodeBB :)
- Blog about us! Give the gift of SEO juice this Christmas
- Help Translate NodeBB - It's a really simple translation tool and you don't need to know how to code.
Translating NodeBB to another language
NodeBB uses Transifex, which is a user friendly visual tool which allows any individual to translate text into a language of their choice. You don't need to be a programmer to do this, so what are you waiting for? Join the translation team now :)
NodeBB Inc., the custodian of the NodeBB open-source project, is available for consultation and/or contract work for all NodeBB-related projects. Inquire with us by sending us a message, or by emailing us at sales [at] nodebb [dot] org.